The government will soon cut everyone off of disability benefits.
The disability program is not bankrupt, nor are all recipients likely to be cut off. However, the
government could, in the future, change the meaning of disability so that it is harder or easier for future applicants to be approved.
At Ober Pekas, our Phoenix Social Security disability lawyers have extensive experience helping people obtain Disabled Adult Child (DAC) benefits. With an exclusive concentration on Social Security and disability law, our legal team works tirelessly to help families get the financial security that they need and deserve. If you have questions or concerns about DAC benefits, we are here as a resource. For a free, confidential consultation with a top-rated Arizona Social Security disability lawyer, please call our Phoenix office at (602) 277-1745 or get in touch with us directly online.
An Overview of Disabled Adult Child (DAC) Benefits
Disabled Adult Child (DAC) benefits are a specialized type of Social Security disability available to an adult who first becomes disabled before turning 22 years old. When all criteria are met, a disabled adult child can qualify for Social Security disability benefits through the Social Security eligibility of a parent. To bring a successful claim for Disabled Adult Child benefits, an applicant must satisfy the following standards:
- The Medical Requirements for DAC Benefits: To get DAC benefits, an adult child must have a disabling medical condition. The standards that the SSA uses for DAC claims are similar to the standards for SSDI claims and SSI claims. If you cannot work due to a disability, illness, or medical condition, you can apply for benefits. In practice, disabling medical conditions come in a wide array of different forms. An applicant may have a listed impairment or may be able to ‘equal’ an unlisted condition. To get Disabled Adult Child benefits, an applicant’s disability onset date must have been prior to their 22nd birthday.
- The Legal and Financial Requirements for DAC Benefits: DAC Social Security disability benefits are available to disabled adult children whose parents are already eligible for Social Security. A parent must be deceased, retired and receiving Social Security benefits, or disabled and receiving SSDI or SSI benefits. In many cases, adults who receive DAC benefits do not have any work history. If an adult child does have some work history, they are still typically entitled to a greater financial benefit if they make a claim through their parent’s Social Security earning record.
Disabled Adult Child benefits are a much needed financial lifeline for many families in Maricopa County. Our law firm helps people get the disability benefits owed to them under federal law. If you have any specific questions or concerns about bringing a claim for Disabled Adult Child benefits in Arizona, contact an experienced Phoenix Social Security disability lawyer for immediate assistance.
What Should I Do If My DAC Benefits are Denied in Phoenix?
If you or your adult child received a disability denial letter from the SSA, it is normal to be frustrated and overwhelmed. Do not give up hope. You still have options available. Here are three steps that you should take if your claim for Disabled Adult Child benefits was denied in Arizona:
- Carefully review the Social Security disability denial letter;
- Check the deadline for filing an initial appeal; and
- Schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced DAC appeals attorney.
The Social Security disability appeals process is complex. It can be even more confusing in Disabled Adult Child claims. At Ober Pekas, our Phoenix Disabled Adult Child benefits attorneys represent clients during all stages of the Social Security disability appeals process.
How the Phoenix DAC Benefits Lawyers at Ober Pekas Can Help
The Disabled Adult Child (DAC) claims process is complicated. Unfortunately, many families struggle to get access to the full DAC benefits that they rightfully deserve. At Ober Pekas, we have more than a century of collective experience in Social Security law. When you call our Phoenix office, you will be able to speak to an Arizona Social Security attorney who can:
- Listen to your story, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights;
- Gather the evidence and information to support a claim for DAC benefits; and
- Take all necessary legal steps to get you and your family the best outcome.
Disabled Adult Child benefits provide a much needed source of support to families. Our law firm puts in the time, passion, and resources to help our clients effectively navigate the claims and/or appeals process. As a local law firm with attorneys on the ground in Phoenix, our firm has many testimonials from clients. Initial consultations are free and you only pay when we win your case.
Get Help With a Disabled Adult Child (DAC) Benefits Claim in Phoenix
At Ober Pekas, our Phoenix SSI attorneys have the skills and legal expertise to help you and your family obtain Disabled Adult Child (DAC) benefits. As these are often complex cases, you can benefit from seeking professional guidance and support. If you are having a hard time getting access to DAC benefits, we are here to help. Contact our legal team today by calling (602) 277-1745. We help people get DAC benefits in Phoenix and throughout all of Maricopa County.
We Serve All of Arizona
|and anywhere YOU are in AZ.|
Choosing our Arizona Disability Attorneys provides advantages you can’t get from national firms and non-local advocates.
We’re Here for You.
Get Help Today!
Free Consultation. No Fees Until We Win You Benefits.